Himalayan Madua (Finger Millet) Flour also known as Ragi or Nachni grows well and naturally in the Himalaya and is an important crop due to its high nutritional values. Madua is especially rich in calcium, proteins, minerals and fiber.
Our Madua is sourced from rain-fed small farms and is traditionally grown. The flour is made using a German holistic Zentrofan vortex flour mill. The innovative vortex technology is designed to mill whole grains below 38 C using a single lava stone, thereby preserving all the nutrients of the valuable grains.
Certified Organic and produced through Sustainable Farming
In an increasingly polluted urban environment, where our water, air and food are contaminated, keeping healthy has become something of a challenge. Our exploding urban population is starting to show signs of the damage being done by rapidly changing lifestyles, poor diet and lack of exercise. When the food we eat is polluted, we carry that pollution in our bodies; some of it remains there, accumulates and eventually causes diseases. Obesity, diabetes and heart disease are on the rise.
Our children are particularly vulnerable to the dangers of agricultural toxins as they consume a higher percentage in relation to their size. The average child receives four times more exposure to at least eight widely used cancer causing pesticides found in food than the average adult does.
Sourced from organic produce and hand-sorted in Himalayan villages, all our produce is grown naturally without the use of harmful chemicals in our effort to preserve the biodiversity of the Himalayas and to sustain indigenous crop.
- Loaded with Calcium: Madua flour or Ragi or Nachni is one of the best non-dairy sources of calcium when compared to any other grains. Calcium is critical for healthy bones and teeth and prevention of osteoporosis.
- Helps in Controlling Diabetes: The grain's seed coat is abundant in polyphenols as compared to rice, maize or wheat. The low glycemic index lessens food cravings and maintains the digestive pace.
- Reverts Skin Ageing: Vital amino acids like Methionine and Lysine present in it make the skin tissues less prone to wrinkles and sagging. Madua is also one of the very few natural sources of Vitamin D which is mostly derived from sunlight.
- Due to it's rich properties , it is a recommended food for infants of six months and above.
- This flour mixture is gluten free and is not contaminated by wheat, barley or rye. It is highly suitable for those who are gluten or lactose intolerant.
- It can be used to make cakes, brownie, puddings, laddoos, breads, rotis and porridge.
VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE, CERTIFIED ORGANIC.
Net weight: 500 grams, packed in a golden resealable pouch
Best before: 12 months from the date of packaging
|Protein, (6.25 XN) %w/w
|Fat, % w/w
|Carbohydrates, % w/w
|Total Sugar, % w/w
|Vitamin C, mg/100g
|Saturated Fat %
|Monosaturated Fat %
|Polyunsaturated Fat %
|Trans Fat %
|Folic Acid, mcg/100 g
|Vitamin A, mcg / 100 g
|Vitamin B1, mg/100g
|Vitamin B2, mg/100g
|Vitamin B3, mg/100g