High in magnesium, minerals and vitamin B-2
- Low in fat and a complete source of protein
- Lowers blood pressure and good for the heart
- Aids weight loss
Quinoa is a gluten-free wholegrain containing all nine essential amino acids. It is known as a 'complete' protein due to its high protein content, which makes it a perfect ingredient for vegetarians. Quinoa also contains a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids which aids in cholesterol control.
Naturally high in dietary fibre, quinoa is a slowly digested carbohydrate, making it a good low glycaemic index grain. Cooked quinoa seeds become fluffy and creamy, yet they remain slightly crunchy. It has a delicate and subtle nutty flavour, versatile for breakfast (as a cereal), lunch (as a salad) or dinner.
How to cook:
- Rinse quinoa under running water
- Boil rinsed quinoa in medium heat with double amount of water and some salt for 15 minutes.
- Open, fluff and use in salads or stir fry in oil, add chopped vegetables, spices like pulao.
- Serve and enjoy