- This item can be delivered in Delhi/NCR only.
- Old Hill Tomme Cheese is 100% natural, vegetarian, free from preservatives & any artificial ingredients.
- Handcrafted in Kumaun Himalayas at an altitude of over 6500 feet using locally sourced milk from rural households.
- This cheese is made using traditional European techniques. The founder of Old Hills Foods has trained under award winning cheesemakers in Netherlands and runs this socially responsible enterprise with a team of rural women in Mukteshwar, Uttarakhand.
- The wheels of cheese are aged in a controlled environment for a duration of 5-8 months on seasoned pine wood planks. The cool and crisp weather in the mountains also lends its character to the cheese over time.
Shelf Life: Best before nine months from packing.
Recommendations for usage:
- Tomme Cheese has unique earthy and nutty notes. This cheese is slightly hard with a yellow appearance and is delicious to be consumed as is. It can also be grated onto any dish where a deep taste of cheese is required.
- Cheese should be kept at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before it is being served.
- Cheese should be stored at 4-8˚C. Once opened it should be consumed within 5 days, otherwise it can be frozen and stored for a long time. Once it's out of the original packaging, it can be tightly wrapped in a cling film.
- If mold or fungus develops on cheese in the fridge, it doesn't mean the cheese is spoiled. You can simply cut or scrape out that part and use the rest of it. However if there is a foul unfamiliar odor then the cheese should be discarded.