- This item can be delivered in Delhi/NCR only.
- This Gourmet Cheese Basket has collection of India's finest cheeses handcrafted in Kumaun Himalayas at an altitude of over 6500 feet using locally sourced milk from rural households.
- This Gift Pack includes: Old Hill Cheddar Cheese (200 grams), Old Hill Gouda Young Cheese (200 grams) & Old Hill Parmesan Cheese - Grana Padano Style (200 grams). All these items are packed in a beautiful basket.
- Old Hill Cheeses are 100% natural, vegetarian, free from preservatives & any artificial ingredients.
- All the cheese varieties are made using traditional European techniques. The founder of Old Hills Foods has trained under award winning cheesemakers in Netherlands and runs this socially responsible enterprise with a team of rural women in Mukteshwar, Uttarakhand.
- The wheels of cheese are aged in a controlled environment on seasoned pine wood planks. The cool and crisp weather in the mountains also lends its character to the cheese over time.
- Old Hill Cheddar Cheese (200 grams): 2-3 months
- Old Hill Gouda Young Cheese (200 grams): 1-3 months
- Old Hill Parmesan Cheese - Grana Padano Style (200 grams): 12-14 months
Shelf Life: Old Hill cheese varieties stay best before nine months from packing.
Recommendations for usage:
- Cheddar can be used as a topping on any dish that needs to be gratinated in an oven, a grilled cheese sandwich, mac n cheese and also to add an extra flavour to the sauces. The cheese melts with a slightly stringy texture and a deep rich aroma. It can also be had by itself, or on a cheese platter accompanied with wine.
- Gouda cheese is an ideal breakfast item along with some toast and fruits especially for folks leading an active lifestyle. It can also be grated and used in different dishes as it can melt quite well when it's young.
- A lot of love and care goes into developing the Parmesan cheese during its long aging period. It's hard & dry, and can be sprinkled on most Italian dishes. Owing to its strong flavour, just a little bit of this cheese can go a long way in adding that special something to your sauces, pastas, pizzas, etc. It can also be had by itself, or on a cheese platter accompanied with wine.
- Cheese should be kept at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before it is being served.
- Cheese should be stored at 4-8˚C. Once opened it should be consumed within 5 days, otherwise it can be frozen and stored for a long time. Once it's out of the original packaging, it can be tightly wrapped in a cling film.
- If mold or fungus develops on cheese in the fridge, it doesn't mean the cheese is spoiled. You can simply cut or scrape out that part and use the rest of it. However if there is a foul unfamiliar odor then the cheese should be discarded.